Tips for a Fun and Safe Holiday Shopping Experience
There are only a 4 more days of holiday shopping left until Christmas. Whether you are a shopaholic with a long list or someone who dreads the mall and gets in and out as quickly as possible, there are ways to prepare for the upcoming holiday shopping season.
The National Retail Federation (NRF) says there are a few things people need to do before hitting the stores. In order to make your shopping experience successful as possible you should make a list of everyone you need to shop for and list how much you plan to spend. Be sure to their include likes and dislikes – remember, you are buying for someone else, not yourself! This would be the perfect time to set aside that sports team rivalry!
Here are some of the NRF’s “Top Tips for Smart Holiday Shopping”
- Shop after 6:00 p.m. the evening before a sale is advertised to begin. Many retailers program the registers the night before.
- If you are looking for specific advertised items, take the complete ad with you so that you don’t end up in the wrong store looking for a specific price.
- Shop safely! Watch your personal belongings at all times including handbags and purchases. The stores are not responsible for any lost items so be careful, especially at the register when you can get easily distracted by the transaction itself.
- Save yourself the headache: let the charity group at the mall wrap your gifts for you. This will save you a lot of time and give you the chance to cross off other things on your holiday shopping to-do lists.
- When parking in a large parking lot, make sure to keep all items in the trunk of the car and out of sight. It also helps to park near a light if you know you it will be dark by the time you are done, or to park near an easily recognized landmark so that you remember where you parked.
For more holiday shopping tips including how to be safe when online shopping and shopping on a budget, click here to visit the National Retail Federation website.