United Valley Announces Opening for Account Executive/Risk Consultant
We are pleased to announce a job opening for an Account Executive/Risk Consultant at United Valley Insurance Services.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide consultative services to United Valley and its member agencies’ management, sales and support staff in the evaluation of large or complex risks, review of insurance programs, including review of losses coverage analysis and claims support. Secondary responsibilities include being part of United Valley’s leadership team, oversight of United Valley’s insurance programs, company relationship management, third party vendor analysis and vetting and other management projects. The position reports to Rene Swan, President.
The successful candidate will have prior management experience and a minimum of five years in commercial multi-peril property and casualty insurance in roles such as risk manager/loss control specialist, claims manager, underwriter/underwriting manager, producer or account executive. Must be fluent in large commercial lines coverages with a broad understanding of all lines of property and casualty insurance. Must be experienced at handling challenging conversations and adept at nurturing relationships. Professional designation required within three years. A bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
Skills required to be successful include:
- Strong relationship building
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Analytical and detailed
- At ease in making presentations to small and large groups
- Understanding of property and casualty insurance companies, their operations and industry trends
Must have experience with the following:
- Analyzing policy forms
- Reviewing insurance portfolios
- Evaluating alternative risk financing options and discussing coverage and options with all constituents, including agent, carrier, claims, underwriting and loss control
Other critical success factors include:
- The ability to establish and maintain relationships
- Strong desire and willingness to help others
- Genuine concern for insured and member agency
- Desire to find a solution
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week exempt position working in our Fresno office. Occasional overnight travel is required.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to Rene Swan at firstname.lastname@example.org.