Business Development Manager
We are pleased to announce a job opening for a Business Development Manager at United Valley Insurance Services.
The primary purpose of this position is to develop, solicit and recruit a high level of quality new members for United Valley. The position will develop and maintain a continuous pipeline of potential new member agencies and present to the Executive team. The qualified candidate will work closely with the Member & Company Relations team to successfully transition new members to the team who will handle contracting, onboarding and new member training.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Develop sales tools and execute prospecting plans
- Establish and build new relationships
- Research and maintain current information on the competitive marketplace, keeping the executive team informed
- Help assigned member agencies maximize the value of their membership, while supporting company goals
- Make recommendations to management on ways to improve and/or add value to current members and prospects
- Represent United Valley in various industry and community events, as a strong ambassador that is able to articulate our value proposition and brand
Must Have Experience with the Following:
- Proven track record in sales
- At least 3 years property and casualty experience
- A comprehensive understanding of commercial lines insurance coverage and experience working with preferred markets
Other Critical Success Factors Include:
- Be an insurance professional, passionate about doing the right thing, who leads by example, takes initiative and is comfortable working collaboratively
- Flexible, able to multi-task and nimble to assist others on the team
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of leadership internally and with members and companies
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week exempt position in our Fresno office. Travel is required (6-10 overnights per month).
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to John Perkins at email@example.com.