Join the United Valley Newsletter!
Interested in Membership?
Get in touch with us to learn more about United Valley.
"It would be next to impossible to compete in this challenging environment without the collective power of UV."
Chuck Swan – CDS
Business Development Manager
We are pleased to announce a job opening for a Business Development Manager in the San Jose/ San Francisco/ Bay area territory at United Valley Insurance Services.
The primary purpose of this position is to develop, solicit, and recruit a high-level quality of new members for United Valley. The position will create and maintain a continuous pipeline of potential new member agencies and present to the Leadership team. The qualified candidate will work closely with the Business Development team to successfully transition new members to the team who will handle contracting, onboarding and new member training.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Prospect potential member agencies through in-person visits, phone calls, direct mailings etc.
- Establish and build new relationships
- Create and maintain a pipeline of prospective member agencies
- Maintains all activities in company CRM or other systems
- Develop sales tools and execute prospecting plans
- Research and maintain current information on the competitive marketplace, keeping the Business Development team informed
- Help new member agencies maximize the value of their membership, while supporting company goals
- Maintain a high level of visibility in the defined territory, at various industry events and professionally represents United Valley
- Proven track record in sales
- At least 3 years P&C insurance experience
- A comprehensive understanding of commercial lines insurance coverage and experience working with preferred markets
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Comfortable with interacting with all levels of leadership internally and with members and companies
This is a full-time exempt position and requires candidates to have previous sales experience and insurance industry knowledge, a valid driver’s license, and the ability to work remotely in or near the assigned territory. All new hires are subject to a background check. Travel is required up to six overnights per month and the occasional regional or national opportunities.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to John Perkins at email@example.com.