Protection for your employees, and your business.
Workers’ compensation coverage pays for the medical care and physical rehabilitation of employees injured at work and can help replace the injured employee’s lost wages while he or she is unable to work.
Additionally, this coverage protects an employer from being sued by an injured worker in most cases.
If you have employees, it is critical that you consider whether your business needs workers’ compensation coverage. In California and many other states, employers must provide their employees with workers’ compensation coverage or they must self-insure these benefits. The state can assess penalties and fines for employers who fail to provide this important coverage–especially if a worker is injured and the business is without coverage.
Our member agencies can help you find complete solutions to your business’ unique workers’ compensation insurance needs–solutions that create safer and more productive workplaces and more confident and secure workers.
WHAT ARE SOME COMMON TYPES OF WORKERS’ COMPENSATION COVERAGE?
Some common workers’ compensation coverage include:
- Medical care
- Temporary disability benefits – lost wages
- Permanent disability benefits – in case employees do not recover
- Supplemental job displacement benefits – to help pay for retraining or skill enhancement if the employee does not recover completely or does not return to work
- Death benefits – payments to a spouse, children or other dependents if the employee dies from a job injury or illness
Other services may be included, such as:
- Medical disability case managers
- Utilization management nurses
- Certified life care planning nurses
- Vocational rehabilitation consultants
- Physician consulting services
- Legal staff
- Contracts with medical network providers
- Managed prescription drug program
- Innovative payment systems
Find an Agency
Search for an agency near you to help with all of your insurance needs.