Coverage by Industry
COVERAGE BY INDUSTRY
Join the United Valley Newsletter!
Farm & Agribusiness Insurance
From small family wineries to large-scale producers, find the coverage you need – connect with an experienced insurance agent.
A farm is more than a business. It’s a way of life. It’s the lifeblood of our country. And for some, it’s home too.
For all these reasons – and more – the risks associated with running an agricultural business are exceptionally complex. The needs of a small hobby farm are dramatically different than the needs of a large commercial grower.
If you haven’t talked to an agribusiness insurance professional about your coverage options, you could be putting your business at risk. Only an independent agent with experience in agriculture insurance can ensure you’re covered for all the risks associated with your operation.
At United Valley, our member agents have access to a wide variety policies designed specifically for the agriculture industry. Even markets that are traditionally hard to place, such as meat processing plants, leafy green growers, and nut and fruit packing houses are well represented.
Industries We Can Place
“Agribusiness” is a term that can encompass a larger number of industries, including:
- Farm supplies
- Chemical/fertilizer application for crops
- Produce handling or packing
- Cotton ginning
- Canned specialties
- Canned fruits, vegetables, preserves, jams, and jellies
- Dried and dehydrated fruits, vegetables, and soup mixes
- Rice milling
- Wet corn milling
- Dog and cat food
- Feed manufacturing
- Bread and other bakery products
- Retail bakeries
- Cookies and crackers
- Potato chips, corn chips, and similar snacks
- Cane sugar refining
- Candy, nut, and confectionery stores
- Bottled and canned soft drinks and carbonated waters
- Malting operations
- Flour and other grain mill products
- Ice cream and frozen desserts
- Natural, processed, and imitation cheese
- Manufactured ice
- Pasta manufacturing
- Grocery stores
- Distributor – groceries, general line
- Distributor – packaged frozen goods
- Berry crops – grower/packer/shipper
- Tree nuts – grower/packer/shipper
- Citrus fruits – grower/packer/shipper
- Deciduous tree fruits – grower/packer/shipper
- And more
This is not meant to be an all-inclusive list. Even if you don’t see your industry listed, get in touch with an independent agribusiness insurance agent. He or she will help you compare prices and coverage from multiple carriers to find the right protection for your business.